We encounter so much on the journey digging through our family history “the list” helps keep me on task and stay focused. It’s also my way of alerting the Ancestors and Universe to my intentions, so they can continue to assist in unlocking the doors that have hold of their story.
So, what’s next for OGR? What would I really love to confirm or discover?
- Did Madison CODY sell or loan Catie to Rev. James DICKEY? What was their (CODY/DICKEY) connection/relationship?
- Does the journal of Madison CODY’s son have any clues helpful to our research?
- What happened to Catie when Rev. DICKEY left Wilkes County in 1861? Can we confirm Catie continued to work at the Smyrna Church? Was she purchased by someone else or did he take Catie with him8?
- Did cousin Elbert STRINGER know how he and cousin Blanche were related? Did Elbert realize Blanche was Ailey’s (Catie’s Sister) Granddaughter?
- Information about and pics of Joe DORSEY, Catie’s 2nd husband; is there any record of his death?
- Are there any STRINGER or DORSEY family bibles documenting our lineage?
- Will I ever be given access to Rev. James Madison DICKEY’s artifacts in possession of his family?
- Visit(s) to Warren County with cousin Gwen. I want that copy of Ailey’s picture! What other family history will we find there?
- What other information exists about Pierce CODY (Ailey & Catie’s brother) in the WPA records? Was there ever a picture of […]